3/10/15

Cherry Blossoms in bloom.

Spring is finally here... maybe. Haha You never know with Oregon. The running joke here is that you can have all four seasons in one day. Hot desert in the east, torrential downpour in the valley, blizzards in the mountains. You get the idea. 

For me, when the trees start to come back to life, I let out a big sigh of relief. I hate winter. The temperature, the fact that everything outside is dead or hibernating, it's not ideal for someone like me. I, along with many North Westerners, have a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder. That's right, I'm S.A.D. How fitting. Haha So each winter is harder for me because the way the clouds affect the lighting (which means a guaranteed headache for the day) and the lack of vitamin D from the sun. 

BUT! Spring is approaching and I can feel my skin soaking up that vitamin D! All is well in my world. Plus, with all the colors blooming outside, it got my creative makeup vibes going. So I sat down and grabbed every pastel I could find and this is what I came up with!


Super soft, pinky/peachy/lavendery eye. Pinks are tricky to pull off due to the fact that it can look like you're a little infected, maybe some conjunctivitis. No judgement here! Haha 

Undertones are key with pinks. You need to pull some oranges through to warm it up a little. But if you're feeling super 90s grunge like myself here, go for it. Haha  I tend to go for a very blended/blown out type smokey eye whenever I do one. On me, if I were to concentrate the color only on my lid and lashline, it would make my eyes appear smaller. No good for me. I like my eyes big and rounded.

I used a bunch of things for this look:

Eyes:
-Urban Decay Eye Potion Primer (Eden)
-Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Plallete
-Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara (Black)
-Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil (Blonde & Soft Brown)

Lips:
-NYX Slim Lip Pencil (Pale Pink)

For my cheeks I used what was leftover on my eyeshadow brush to continue the pink a little. Just a quick sweep on the apples. Speaking of eye shadow brushes, I used one. About 6-7 shadows and one brush. Did I tell you guys that I'm a fan of blending? Haha This is just adding little by little and lots a sweeping back and forth. Very simple. I focused my peachy colors in the crease and on the lid, my pinks on the inner corner and lashline, and purples on the outter edge of the eye and the bridge of my nose. Blend blend blend. 

I know this choice of color isn't for most but, if anything, let this be an inspiration to those of you who are itching to break out of your makeup boxes! And, by the cruel joke that is Oregon, I'm looking out my window right now to a bunch of clouds forming. That means one thing. Rain. Hahaha

Happy Spring! (maybe)
R.

Twitter: @maplebaconrae
Instagram: maplebaconrae 


No comments:

Post a Comment